Sunday, August 12, 2012

Karrie's Cannoli's

Pin It
Today is the day my sister's and I will learn how to make homemade ravioli.  My mom is coming over to teach us how!  As my sister Karrie and I were thinking about what we were going to have with the ravioli, she told me that she has a great recipe for cannoli's. 

Here are the ingredients we gathered:


Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese - 2 15 ounce containers
Marscapone Cheese - 4 ounces (1/2 of a container)
Mini Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup
Lemon Juice - 1/3 cup
Zest of 1/4 orange - 1 teaspoon
Vanilla - 1 1/2 teaspoon
Powdered Sugar - 3/4 cup - 1 cup, depending on how sweet you want it

My sister Karrie

Mix ricotta, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, chocolate chips and marscapone cheese.  Sweeten to taste.  Add zest of orange.  Stir and refrigerate for at least one hour for the flavors to marry.


Tips from Karrie:  Always wash your fruit if using zest.  Always spoon your powdered sugar into your measuring cup so that it is light and airy.  

After the mixture has completely chilled, you can stuff your cannoli shells.  We took the easy way out and stuffed some shells we had gotten from my mother.

Jerry, my sister Tonette's better half, is a chef.  He put the cannoli mixture into a zip-loc bag and snipped the corner off.  This is an easy way to stuff the shells.

Jerry shows Tony (my nephew) and Karrie how to stuff the shells.




My niece Sierra and nephew Tony - he is stuffing the shells and she is dipping the ends in chocolate chips!


Jerry's Tip:  Jerry is a chef and he said he puts a little Grand Marnier into his cannoli's.  How good does that sound?!!!

Mangia!  This recipe is featured on Simple Living and Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!