Sunday, October 28, 2012

Buttermilk Rolls

Pin It
In recent months, I have enjoyed making different bread recipes.  I have memories being in my Grandfather's house, watching him make loaves of bread.  He had these HUGE kitchen mixers.  I was always fascinated with those mixers.

Grandpeepaw and Nana
 
Every time my Mom watches me cook, she tells me that I cook just like Grandpeepaw.........we are MESSY!
 

The ingredients for today's recipe:

1 package active yeast = 2 1/4 teaspoons
1/2 cup warm water
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1 egg beaten
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons melted butter
5 cups flour

To begin, pour warm water in your mixer bowl.  Add the yeast and let it proof.  This means that the yeast will start to "bubble."  Add the next 6 ingredients, along with 3 cups of flour.  Mix well.  Slowly add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time.

You will know that the dough is ready because it will gather up on the dough hook.


Put the dough in an oiled bowl.  Put the bowl on top of the stove, with the oven on a very low heat.  Cover with a towel and let it rise 2 hours.

After 2 hours, punch the dough back down.

 
 
Tear small pieces of dough and roll them into balls.  Put them in a greased pan and let them rise another 30 minutes.
 
 
 
 
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Brush with melted butter after removing them from the oven.
 
 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!