Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hand Cream

Pin It
I love investigating new recipes..............even recipes that will help sooth my dry hands.  This recipe makes 2 half pint jars of hand cream.  I love this recipe because everything is natural and you can mix and match your oils and essential oils.

Here are the ingredients:

4 tablespoons coconut oil
4 tablespoons grated beeswax
4 tablespoons chamomile infused oil
4 tablespoons calendula infused oil
10 drops of tea tree essential oil
20 drops of peppermint essential oil
3 vitamin E capsules

Several months ago I became interested in learning about herbs and infused oils.  I got some olive oil, filled mason jars with the oil and put some herbs in the jars.  I shake these jars several times a week.  I have 4 jars in the window (not in direct sunlight):  calendula, comfrey, chamomile, and lavender.  You can experiment and try almond oil or grapeseed oil with herbs. For this recipe I decided to use the chamomile and calendula infused oils because of there soothing qualities.

Chamomile Infused Olive Oil
 
I drained the infused oil, using a fine mesh strainer and a paper towel.
 
 

I grated the beeswax and placed it in a double boiler.  As that melts, add the coconut oil, and infused oils.  When that is melted, add the essential oils.  You can use any scent combination that you like.  Cut open the vitamin E capsule and add the liquid, discarding the shell.  Stir to combine all ingredients.
 
 
 
 
Yes, it is that easy!  This recipe filled two half pint jars.  As it cools it will thicken up and change color.  This is a great idea for a homemade gift!
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!