Monday, January 21, 2013

Crab Cakes With Mustard Aioli

Pin It

I love seafood.  When I go on vacation to the coast, my husband gets frustrated with me because I always have to go to a restaurant that has fresh seafood.  He hates the smell and the taste!  He's weird, I know.

Thinking about dinner tonight, I remembered that I had King crab legs in the freezer.  Yes, I know that if by chance an Iron Chef is reading this, they are cringing.  I have one word for them:  Missouri.  We don't get fresh seafood!

Here are the ingredients for the crab cakes:

1 pound fresh crab meat
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
8-10 butter crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted

The first thing I did was steam the crab legs, sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning.


When the crab legs are steamed, I took the crab meat out of the shells.  Next, add the onion, celery, salt, pepper, Old Bay, crushed crackers, lemon juice, butter, mayo, egg, and 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs.



If the mixture is too wet, add some more crushed crackers.  Mold the mixture into a patty and dredge in the remaining Panko bread crumbs.  Heat up a little olive oil in a saute pan and fry the crab cakes.


While the crab cakes are cooking, assemble the ingredients for the mustard aioli.  Here are the ingredients:

2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon each:  salt and pepper

Mix all of those ingredients together.  Time to turn the crab cakes!


Enjoy!



Foodie Friends Friday

3 comments:

  1. Crab cakes are one of my favorite things to eat. I am pinning this recipe. Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up on the coast and love crab. Thanks for linking up at Swap N Share Sundays. I'm pinning all 3 of the recipes you linked up. Hope you'll return next week.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some sort of soluble fiber taken out through seed products of the Guar Gum powder exporter, While proof it's durability, it's got seven times the actual thickening prowess as cornstarch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!