Monday, April 8, 2013

King Ranch Casserole

Pin It

Several years ago, Mom and Dad temporarily moved to Dallas, TX.  I had the pleasure of visiting them.  It was a great trip.

My Dad, the cowboy!

One of my Dad's favorite things to show off was the Cattle Drive Sculpture.  He was fascinated by it and I must admit, it was pretty neat!





While they lived there, Mom picked up some great recipes!  I love this recipe because it is super easy, cheesy and the whole family loves it!

Here are the ingredients:

1 red pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 cans Mild Rotel
1 can black beans (I added this)
1 can corn (I added this)
1 small package of corn tortillas
1 package of Mexican cheese or any cheese you like
2 cups diced chicken (a shredded rotisserie chicken works great!)


Dice the pepper and onion.  Drain and rinse the beans.  Drain the corn.  Mix together with all ingredients, except cheese and tortillas.

Layer all ingredients:  Soup mixture, tortillas, cheese - repeat.  Top with cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.









This is a great recipe to share with friends.  If you want to spice it up, add some additional flavors:  chili powder, chipotle peppers, etc.  The possibilities are endless!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. So yummy looking and easy! This would be good shredded and rolled in warm tortillas too I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM!!! This sounds delicious! I will definitely have to give this a try, Jackie! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound good and I've recently seen that sculpture online, it is really neat!

    I'm visiting from Freedom Fridays and I'm your latest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from Love Bakes Good Cakes Sunday Social :) I love the vintage pictures of your family members...it gives me some inspiration for my blog! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower from the bloghop. I hope you will follow me back at:
    http://butterflyintheattic.blogspot.com/2013/04/what-inspires-me-today.html

    Blessings
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!