Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lunch at Saint Raymond's

Every Wednesday, Saint Raymond's Marionite Cathedral hosts a Lebanese lunch.  My sister is the parish secretary and she has the pleasure of working with Father Mo.  I had the pleasure of visiting them for lunch before leaving for vacation and loved learning about Lebanese food and trying new food!


The first dish I tried was Kibbee - cracked wheat made into a pocket, filled with ground beef, onions, allspice, mint, salt and pepper.

The next dish I tried were grape leaves and stuffed cabbage leaves.  These were stuffed with ground beef, rice, onions, allspice and tomato sauce.  The grape leaves had a layer of lemon over the top.    They were both yummy!

The lentils and rice were the best I've ever had.  For me, it was the highlight of the lunch.

To finish the lunch, I had home made hummus and flat bread.  If you get a chance to stop by Saint Raymond's for lunch - DO IT!

Father Mo told me that he is going to have me over and give me a cooking demonstration, which will include tabouleh!  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hi that food looks amazing! You are making me hungry for it!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!