Friday, July 12, 2013

Roasted Beet Salad

Pin It

While on vacation, my family takes turns cooking for the entire group.  This year there was about 25 of us.  That is a crew to feed but we were up for the challenge!

My sister Karrie started us off with a wonderful yellow beet salad.  Her husband Art grew the beets himself!  Karrie roasted the beets in the oven, with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
After removing the skins, Karrie sliced the beets and layered them on a dish.  She then added some fresh goat cheese, and fresh herbs.  Last, Karrie added a fruity vinaigrette to make it pop. 

Vinaigrette:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fruity vinegar (I'm going to try this with my cranberry pear vinegar that I purchased)
Salt
Pepper
Fresh herbs-basil and parsley

Look on the counter!  Karrie had too much wine and spilled her dressing all over!  It was hilarious!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, this sounds delish and I love beets with goat cheese or beet salad! Take care, Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!